Let Only Service
This service is ideal for the confident and experienced Landlord who enjoys the responsibility of managing their own property and once the tenants have moved in, and does not want any further involvement from a Property Management Team. If you are a landlord looking at this service you should be familiar with the law relating to the Private Rented Sector (PRS)
The initial service is exactly the same as our fully managed package up to the tenant move in.
After this, you will need to set up your own rental collections, carry out regular inspections and manage the tenancy.
If you are a confident and experienced landlord, you should be aware of the law relating to the Private Rented Sector.
- We will meet you at your property to provide you with a free, no obligation rental appraisal and any other advice which you may require about letting your property including advising you on compliance with the various safety regulations required.
- We can arrange an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC), any necessary safety certificates, maintenance, cleaning and gardening on your behalf. Although the costs of the actual certificates and works carried out will be met by you, our arrangement fee is included within the set-up.
- Comprehensive marketing: Your property will be advertised in the local press and also online. We have a very prominent web presence as this is where the vast majority of our Tenant enquiries are generated. We also subscribe to paper and online directories. Furthermore as an established and high profile agency, we usually have Tenants waiting.
- A 'To Let' board will be erected unless otherwise directed.
- We always conduct accompanied viewings (although you are welcome to attend) as it is our knowledge and experience in Tenant vetting that you are relying on. We find that this initial meeting with the prospective Tenant is vital in establishing our on-going relationship with them and helps us to determine their suitability for renting your property. We will also obtain and evaluate suitable references and credit checks for prospective Tenants.
- We will prepare a Tenancy Agreement for an Assured Shorthold Tenancy for a minimum Fixed Term of 6 months (or longer if you prefer).
- We will collect a Deposit (bond) equivalent to a minimum of 5 weeks rent from the Tenant. Due to recent regulatory changes, it has however, become untenable for us to oversee the holding of Deposits for Landlords who manage their own properties and in order to prevent breaches of the Deposit Scheme Guidelines, as a ‘Let Only’ Landlord, you will need to nominate your own Deposit Scheme and provide us with the details prior to the start of the Tenancy. We will then forward the Deposit to you for registration in your chosen scheme. We would be delighted to provide you with further information and guidance on this matter at the time of instruction.
- We will prepare a full and thorough Inventory and Schedule of Condition, including photographs (for an unfurnished property) prior to the tenancy start.
- We will check the Tenant into the property, sign the Tenancy Agreement and agree the Inventory.
- We will check ingoing meter readings and inform you of these in order for you to supervise the transfer of utilities into the Tenant's name.
- We will not manage rental payments under this Service Agreement
- We will not inspect the property during the Tenancy and we will not arrange necessary repairs on the property under this Service Agreement.
- We will not correspond with the Tenant during the Tenancy to arrange renewals of the Agreement within this service but this can be negotiated at an extra cost.
- Tenants can return the keys to us on the day they check out, however under this Service Agreement, we will not conduct a move out report, check meter readings or assess dilapidations on your behalf (although this service is available for an extra charge).